I had no idea what to bake tonight and then I saw a lemon drizzle cake and craved it but only had one lemon but had loads of left over Clementines that need using up.
- 175g of Caster sugar
- 175g Butter or Marg
- 180g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- Zest of 4-6 Clementines
- 3 Eggs
- Optional Chocolate chips
Ingredients for Syrup
- 2 tbsp of Caster sugar
- Juice of 4-6 Clementines
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius line a 1lbs baking tin with parchment paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add two of the eggs and beat together, add half of the flour, and the remaining egg.
- Mix together until no lumps.
- Grate the clementine zest and add the chocolate chips into the cake mix.
- Pour and spoon into the cake tin and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden
- Make the syrup by mixing together the caster sugar and clementine juice in a bowl.
- Leave the cake to cool slightly and then poke small holes into the top of the cake and pour/spoon the syrup juice over.