I know this might be quite sad for some people but this is going to be my last bake for a while. Right now I have so much going on and I just don’t have the time to give my baking the love and attention is requires. It will just be a break for a couple of months until I have some more time at weekends once racing has finished. Right now I have been trying to squeeze it in evenings which is tricky and trying to take pictures with the dwindling light levels is another issue! I hope you all look forward to the comeback in a couple of months I couldn’t miss the late autumn and Christmas baking so don’t worry I will most definitely be back for that! Love Hannah
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1 tbsp of Butter
1 packet of instant dried yeast
2.5 cups of strong white bread flour
1/2 tsp fo salt
pinch of nutmeg
Ingredients for coating
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Gently warm the milk and mix in with the yeast and sugar and leave for 5 minutes to go frothy.
- Once the yeast is mixed add in the rest of the ingredients and using a dough hook on tbsp mixer knead until it forms a soft dough.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour until dough has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has doubled in size knock it back and roll it out for 4cm thick.
- Using a small cutter cut of your circles then using a smaller one in the middle to create your ring.i didn’t make my middle piece large enough and they closed up when baking.
- leave to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- Preheat the oven for 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack until okay to handle.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and then brush onto the doughnuts and dip into the sugar.