This is a late one for me as I had a manic weekend so didn’t mange to get this one up until today. So you’ll get two in one week!
Ingredients for cake:
- 170g SRF
- 100g Butter or Margarine
- 100g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 50g Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp of Baking powder
Ingredients for custard
- 300ml Milk
- 2 tbsp Caster sugar
- Drop of Vanilla bean paste
- 3 egg yolks
Ingredients for cream
- 300ml Double cream
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 100g Raspberries
Method for Cake bake:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line and grease one cake tin or 10 cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs into the mix and beat.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and mix into the cake batter.
- Then sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spoon into cake tin and bake for 20 minutes.
Method for Custard:
- Whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar until they are pale.
- In small saucepan heat the milk until just coming to the boil.
- Pour a little of the milk into the egg yolk mix and then add the egg yolks back into the sauce pan along with the vanilla bean paste.
- Heat the custard mix on the hob string constantly until it thickens.
- The remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Method for preparation:
- Add the cake to the bottom of small pots and push down.
- Then add a layer of raspberries covering them with the custard.
- Place the pots into the fridge so that the custard will set.
- Whisk the double cream with the sugar until slightly before it is fully whisked, then fill a pipping bag.
- Pipe the cream on top of the custard.
- Grate some milk chocolate on top for decoration and enjoy!