I am really struggling to find the time to fit baking in at the moment. I am loving making my weekly or twice weekly sourdough as that always gets eaten or a freeze it or make it into croutons. I was almost at the point of putting it on pause for a month or so as the next few weekends for me are manic! but I managed to squeeze one in, really this is like a frangipane but with puff pastry – again left overs in the fridge but of course you can make this as I often do but time it limited at the moment!
- 75g Ground Almonds
- 15g Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 80g Caster sugar
- Drop of vanilla bean paste
- 75g Butter
- 150g Puff pastry
- 150g Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease your tins I made two medium sizes individual puddings but it could make 1 large tart.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then add the egg, vanilla bean paste and beat together.
- Finally add the ground almonds and plain flour and mix until no lumps.
- Roll out the pastry and cut to fit the size of the tart tin and press into the tin.
- Fill the tart pastry case with the almond filling.
- Slice the strawberries and place on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Enjoy warm with cream.