Who doesn’t love a brownie and salted caramel combined! I don’t think these need any further explanation.
Ingredients for Caramel
- 1 Can of condensed Milk
- 200g Butter
- 125g Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 75g Caster Sugar
Ingredients for Brownies
- 6 Eggs
- 200g Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 200g Caster sugar
- 300g Butter/Margarine
- 100g Plain flour
- 100g Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 200g Milk Chocolate
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line and grease two square 20cm x 20cm baking trays.
- Make the caramel by adding the ingredients into a medium sauce pan and melting on a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn the heat up a little, stir continuously until the caramel starts to thicken. Once thick and coats the back of a clean spoon leave to cool to one side.
- Make the brownie mix by melting the butter and sugar in a saucepan on a low heat, once partially melted add the chocolate.
- Continue to mix on a low heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and weigh the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the eggs together and then slowly pour into the chocolate mix, beating well.
- Once all the eggs are added, add in the flour mix and beat until no lumps.
- Pour a quarter of the mixture into the bottom of each tin.
- Then add your caramel, try to spread in a layer.
- Then add the remains brownie mix on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, you want the centre to still be gooey. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin then remove from the tin and allow to cool fully before cutting.