This one is a mash up of pie/crumbles – I give you Prumbles! Blackberry apple is such a perfect combination at this time of year. The hedgerows are just full of them this year.
Ingredients for Crumble topping
- 25g Soft Brown Sugar
- 20g Caster sugar
- 100g Plain flour
- 3 tbsp of Oats
- 40g Butter
Ingredients for pie base
I cheated a little bit here as I was using up some left over puff pastry in the fridge but short crust would be just as good. You would probably need half of this recipe of pastry.
Ingredients for filling
- 2 Apples
- 400g Blackberries
- 2 tbsp of Soft Brown Sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Then grease 5 ramekin with oil or butter.
- Make pastry and line the bottom of the ramekins and the sides if you have enough.
- Peel and chop the apples and add to a medium sauce pan along with the blackberries and soft brown sugar.
- Soften the apples and blackberries until soft and has formed a sauce. Make this on a medium to low heat stirring to stop from sticking to the bottom.
- Make the crumble topping by adding all the ingredients into a large bowl and rubbing the butter with your finger tips until it forms light lumps.
- Add the fruit filling to the ramekins and level if yours are too full like mine it will bubble over when in the oven.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping onto the fruit and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden on top.