These are probably one of most well known bakes as I have made them over the years for my boyfriend Jake’s racing team, they are loved so much and eaten in minutes, and requested time and time again, from family, friends and co-workers. I have been reluctant to share my ‘secret’ recipe as it feels like giving the game away but the last few weeks have been crazy busy and I promised the team cookies but didn’t have time for a separate bake. I have trialed and tested many recipes but this basic dough is always the winner for me.
- 125g Butter
- 125g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Drop of vanilla bean paste
- 200g Self Raising flour
- 200g Chocolate chips or other desired fillings (M&M’s, Mini eggs, Smarties, Oreo’s, Caramel pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line two baking trays with parchment paper or teflon sheets.
- Beat the butter in a mixer until smooth,
- Then cream together both sugars and the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add you egg and vanilla bean paste.
- Then add your flour a little at a time beating the dough on a medium speed until fully combined.
- Add your chocolate chips or fillings.
- Then spoon mixture on to the trays into small balls between walnut and golf ball, squish the tops down slightly and make sure to leave enough space between them to them to spread.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden on top.
- Leave to harden on the tray for 2 minutes then remove and leave to fully cool on wire rack.