An easy dessert good for guests and perfect with fresh summer fruit. This recipe makes 6-8.
Ingredients for Creme Brûlée
- 400ml Double Cream
- 200ml Milk
- Drop of Vanilla bean paste
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 75g of Caster sugar (and more sugar for topping)
Ingredients for summer fruit sauce
- 100g Raspberries
- 100g Strawberries
- 50g Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add the milk and double cream into a medium sauce pan and heat gently until just comes to the boil.
- Whisk the sugar and vanilla bean paste and egg yolks together in a small bowl until light and airy.
- Prepared 6-8 ramekins into a dish.
- Remove the cream off the heat and pour slowly into the egg yolk mix and beat continuously until well combined.
- Then pour the cream into the ramekins to the ridge and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until set.
- To make the the summer fruits sauce, heat the fruit in a small sauce pan with caster sugar and 2 tbsp of water until the sugar has dissolved and the fruit softened and syrupy.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened.
- To serve sprinkle top with caster sugar and blow torch or place under a grill on a high temp.