Well it is national cream tea day on Friday and I had some left over clotted cream in the fridge so thought I should give this a go. This shortbread is so soft and luxury most definitely a dessert in itself with the strawberry on top its perfect. If I had more clotted cream left I would have put a dollop on top. Would have made them even more amazing!
- 350g Plain flour
- 110g Caster sugar
- 150g Butter
- 60g Clotted Cream
- 3-4 Strawberries
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a 30x20cm tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl weight the all the sugar, butter, clotted cream and plain flour.
- Rub the ingredients together until forms a bread crumb like texture then knead together lightly.
- Once started to form a rough ball then press into the tin. Use a palette knife to flatten.
- Slice the strawberries into thin slices then lay on top pressing in slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden on top and leave to cool slightly in the tin.
- Then cut and serve.