This weeks bake is perfect for a picnic, quick and easy to make and are a great savoury snack served with butter, and a slice of cheese if you are feeling fancy! I have made a number of different scones on here, I personally prefer to make small round ones as I find that they are more likely to be eaten that way.
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 60g Butter
- 40g Cheese ( A hard style cheese is best- add another 40g if you want to have the pieces on top)
- 40g Olives
- Handful of basil
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 200ml Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease and line a baking tray with a teflon sheet or baking paper.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a large bowl then add in the butter and rub it in using your finger tips until resembles bread crumbs.
3. Grate the cheese and chop the olives into small pieces.
4. Finely chop the basil and to the flour mix along with the cheese and olives.
5. Then pour in the milk and mix with a knife until the mixtures comes together.
6. Using your hands lightly knead, do not over mix or knead as this causes the dough to become stiff.
7. Roll out dough to 5cm think and using a 5cm cutter, cut the circle and place on baking tray.
8. Brush with milk or egg to glaze and then if adding option cheese on top can use a chunk or grated.
9. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown
10. Enjoy warm or leave to cool on a wire rack.