Another week another bake. I know this bake probably isn’t what everyone thinks of during a warm spring/summer but I am running out of ideas and I fancied this little treat! I have adapted the recipe I originally used as Black treacle makes for a far more superior STP!
Ingredients for Pudding
- 100g Dates
- 35g Butter
- 25g Dark Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1bsp Black Trecale
- 75g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp of baking Powder
Ingredients for sauce
- 75g Butter
- 150g Dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of Black Treacle
- 120ml of Double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Chop the dates into small pieces and soften in 100ml boiling water.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and add the black treacle.
- Add the dates and water into mix along with the eggs, flour, and baking powder and mix well until no lumps.
- Add the milk to loosen the mixture.
- Add the mixture into 4 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking tray and half fill with water.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until soft on top.
- Make the caramel by melting the butter and sugar on a low heat until fully dissolved.
- Then stir in the double cream and stir continuously until well combined.
- Pour over the puddings and enjoy with cream or ice cream.