This weeks bake was for one of my besties, Nina. A lover of brownies and peanut butter just like me. There isn’t much to say about these apart from the fact you need them in your life.
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 200g Soft brown sugar
- 150g Butter
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 50g Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 50g Cocoa Powder
For the Peanut Butter filling:
- 100g Mascarpone
- 50g Caster sugar
- 100g Peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a 20x30cm baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Melt the soft brown sugar, chocolate and butter in a large saucepan. Stir continually to ensure it doesn’t stick.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Once the chocolate mix has melted, beat in the eggs until smooth.
- Add the flour mix and beat until no lumps remain.
- Pour the mixture into the tray.
- Make the peanut butter mix in a separate bowl by mixing the caster sugar, mascarpone and peanut butter and beat together until smooth.
- Then drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter mix on into the brownie mix, then swirl with a knife.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until crispy on top but squidgy in the middle. Leave to cool for 5 mins in the tin then remove and cool on a wire rack fully.