This weeks bake is one that I thought would be good but also one as I thought they didn’t use too much of scarce ingredients that are hard to get hold of. Although getting flour is still a bit hit or miss but baking without flour is pretty difficult!
Recipe makes about 12 biscuits.
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100g Butter/Margarine
- 150g Plain flour
- 60g Ground Almonds
- 50g Desiccated coconut or coconut shavings
- 60g Jam
- Drop of vanilla bean paste or 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper or teflon sheet.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, ground almonds, and flour and mix together until smooth dough is formed.
- Roll the dough using your hands into small walnut sized balls.
- In a small bowl add the coconut and roll the balls into it, place on tray and push an indent into each one using your thumb.
- Add a small amount of jam into each indent.
- Then bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden.
- Once baked leave to cool on a wire rack.