This is weeks bake is after I was craving a strawberry milkshake but needed to do my weekly bale over the weekend, this is where the strawberry cheesecake was born. This makes 4 mini ones, they are also perfect in pots as you don’t need to worry about it not setting then!
- 100g Digestives
- 60g Butter
- 100g Strawberries
- 150g Soft cream cheese
- 100ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp of Caster sugar
- Drop of vanilla bean paste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a mini processor blitz the digestive biscuits until fully crushed.
- Melt the butter in the microwave then pour into the processor with the digestives and blitz for a few seconds.
- Spoon the biscuit mix into the small ramekins and level with the back of a spoon and bake on the oven for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the biscuit is the oven in a large bowl using an electric whisk, mix the cream cheese and cream until light and fluffy.
- I like to cook my strawberries until super soft so they mix in better to do this just heat them in the microwave for about a minute. If you prefer pieces of strawberry throughout just cut them into small pieces if using fresh ones.
- Mix the strawberries, caster sugar and vanilla bean paste into the cream cheese mix and refrigerate.
- Once the biscuit base is cooked leave to cool then pour/spoon the cheese cake filling into the ramekins.
- Then refrigerate for at least 1 hour until the mixture is set but it doesn’t matter if its not fully set.
- Slice one strawberry and place on top for decoration and enjoy!