This weeks bake is an easy one, I needed some bread but had none in the house this would be a good one in the coming weeks for those in isolation.
- 250g Strong White Bread Flour
- 7g Dried Yeast
- 1/2 tsp of Mixed herbs
- 1 tsp of Black onion seeds/ Nigella seeds
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 5g Salt
- 150ml water
- In a large bowl or mixer add all the dry ingredients keeping the yeast and salt separate.
- Add the oil and the water and knead the dough until soft and stretchy this should take 5-10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and leave to rise for at leats 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Once risen separate the dough into 8 pieces and roll into balls.
- Then using a rolling pin flatten the balls into ovals.
- If you want your flat breads to have more of a pitta hole then you can place a tray in the oven on 200 degrees to warm up then place the breads spaced out on the tray and they will puff up.
- I wanted mine flatter with smaller air bubbles so used a frying pan with non-stick or use a very little bit of oil and on a medium heat, fry the flatbreads until they puff slightly then flip.
- Some parts will be slightly darker but you can cook them as much as you like as they are good toasted.