This weeks bake was a total experiment bake as I wanted to create something I could have for breakfast as I was fed up of having the same thing everyday. Now this might not be very healthy, you could make it better by using wholemeal flour and reduce the sugar a little.
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Oats
- 100g Margarine
- 100g Butter
- 150g Caster sugar
- 4 tbsp of peanut butter
- 80g Dried fruit
- 80g Mixed Seeds
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ginger
- 2 Eggs
- 50ml Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a 2lbs loaf tin.
- Cream together the butter, margarine and sugar until creamy and pale in colour.
- Then beat in the eggs, it could cause the mixture to spilt this doesn’t matter as will be fixed once the dry ingredients are added.
- Then add the flour, oats, cinnamon and ginger and beat on a high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the dried fruit and seeds and add the milk and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Fill the tin with 3/4 of the mixture and level.
- Then add the peanut butter and swirl into the mixture and add the remains mixture on top.
- Then add optional chocolate pieces on top pushing them into the surface and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden. You may need to add tin foil to stop the surface from burning.