This weeks bake was after asking for suggestions on Instagram. I was completely stuck for ideas and thought I’d get a few more this way. It was great and I am definitely going to do it against if there is anything else you’d like to see me make then let me know. I also can’t believe that I have never made these before. This blondie recipe is definitely better than my previous recipe that I have made and the addition of mini eggs and chocolate makes it even moorish!
- 150g Salted Butter
- 100g Margarine
- 130g Soft brown sugar
- 110g Caster sugar
- 100g White chocolate
- 100g Milk chocolate
- 150g Mini eggs
- 1 drop of vanilla bean paste
- 2 Eggs
- 300g Plain flour
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a 20x30cm tin with grease proof paper.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter, margarine, both sugars, and the white chocolate on a medium heat ensuring to stir constantly until fully melted.
- Once melted put to one side to cool for a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs and then beat into the blondie mix along with the vanilla bean paste.
- Then fold in the flour until no visible lumps remain.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and allow to cool further for 5 minutes.
- Then break and chop the milk chocolate into small chunks and scatter over the blondie and then push into the mixture until most are not visible.
- Bake the blondie in the oven for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Break the mini eggs in half by smashing with a rolling pin. Then scatter the mini eggs over the surface pushing them in slightly.
- Then bake for a further 10 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin and then remove and cool fully before cutting.