I know another coffee bake, bit this is a little of a cheat the icing had been in the freezer from when I made a big batch previously and I have been trying to use things up rather than going out and buying all the ingredients specifically. But also I love coffee and so do my work colleagues who demolished these despite the fact they didn’t look as pretty when they arrived at work as I had dropped the tin and It had done a whole 360! These are quick and easy to make.
Ingredients for cupcakes
- 200g Caster sugar
- 200g Margarine or butter
- 2 Eggs
- 50ml Milk
- 30g Milk chocolate (grated)
- 80g Cocoa Powder
- 120g SRF
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of coffee
Ingredients for coffee icing
- 100g Butter
- 200g Icing sugar
- 2-3 tsp of coffee
- 15g grated milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 9-12 cupcake cases it depends on how large you want your cupcakes to be.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat together.
- Dilute the coffee in a small amount of water.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and grated milk chocolate and milk until fully combined. Finally add the coffee.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases even and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until soft.
- Leave to cool fully whilst making the icing.
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter, icing sugar and coffee until light and fluffy.
- Fill the pipping bag fitted with a star nozzle, with the coffee icing.
- Pipe the icing using a circular motion starting at the edge of the cupcake swirling into the centre pushing down then pulling up to create a tip.
- Sprinkle the grated milk chocolate into the top of the cupcakes.