This weeks bake is a sweet one again, I know that I should probably do some more savoury bakes but they are never as liked on my instagram or facebook so I consider them less favoured. These were made for guests that were visiting on Sunday.
Ingredients for pastry
- 200g Plain flour
- 125g Butter
Ingredients for Almond filling
- 120g Butter
- 120g Caster sugar
- Drop of vanilla essence
- 1 Egg
- 110g of Ground almonds
- 1 tbsp of plain flour
- Raspberry Jam (100g)
- Icing sugar (100-200g)
- Glacé cherries
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Make the pastry by rubbing the butter with the flour until resembles fine bread crumbs. You can use a food processor to do this too.
- Then add the water a little at a time until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough out until 1/4 cm thick. Using a 10cm cutter cut out 12 circles. Push these into the muffin tin.
- Place muffin tin into the fridge for the dough to chill for 20 minutes.
- Make the almond filling by creaming together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Once fluffy add the egg and vanilla bean paste, and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and almonds and beat on a high speed until light and well mixed.
- Bake the pastry in the oven for 5 minutes this will work better with small squares of baking beans and grease proof paper in form of blind baking.
- Once blind baked add the jam in small amounts into the pastry cases and spread out, then place the almond filling on top and spread evenly.
- Bake the tarts in the oven for 15minutes until golden.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool fully.
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar with water until forms a smooth paste.
- Spread onto the tarts and add half a glacé cherry on top.