This weeks bake is a naughty one, clearly being healthy for the whole of January was too much. This was also using up ingredients that I had lying around in the back of the cupboard- some slightly stale digestives and opened chocolate.
Ingredients for the base
- 110g Digestives
- 70g Butter
Ingredients for the Caramel
- 50g of Soft brown sugar
- 25g Butter
- 1/2 Can of condensed milk
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for the Chocolate ganache
- 150ml of Double cream
- 75g Dark Chocolate
- Pinch of salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Whiz or crush your biscuits until they are in fine crumbs, melt the butter and add to the biscuit crumbs and mix or whiz until holding together.
- Then in a shallow flutter pie/tart tin about 15cm wide, press the biscuit crumbs into the tin ensuring that you leave a lip up the edges of the tin to contain the caramel and chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden and firm. The leave to cool.
- In a small saucepan heat the condensed milk, sugar and butter on a low heat until all the sugar and butter are melted ensuring that you stir constantly.
- Once melted turn up the heat, stirring whilst the mixture thickens and becomes a darker caramel colour.
- Once thickened pour the caramel into the biscuit base and allow to set.
- To make the ganache heat the cream in a small sauce until reaches boiling point, then add the chocolate and mix until all melted.
- Pour and spread the chocolate over the caramel once fully set, then sprinkle sea salt pieces onto the chocolate.
- If you would like to making serving easier. Then chill the tart in the fridge for a couple of hours to set further.