I have been trying to make things a little bit healthier lately even though these aren the bets but they are a lot better than most muffins you can buy. I used wholemeal flour but they still have margarine and sugar in therefore not as healthy.
- 125g of Wholemeal plain flour
- 100g Oats
- 80g Caster sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 90g Margarine
- 200ml Milk
- 200g Blueberries
- Drop of vanilla bean paste
- Firstly pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line a muffin tin with 9 cases.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, oats.
- In a jug or a smaller bowl mix the wet ingredients including; oil/ melted margarine, milk, sugar, egg, vanilla bean paste and blueberries.
- Add the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Mix together gently folding the mixture, do not over mix as this will cause the muffins to be tough and not light and fluffy.
- Fill the muffin tins and sprinkle with a little of the desiccated coconut to decorate.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes until lightly golden brown on top. Enjoy warm or leave to cool.