Final bake of this decade. I love baking so much and it is a hobby I only see growing in the next decade. For the final one this is an easy bake the perfect addition to a coffee, using up left over fruit and nuts from Christmas and perfect served with a dessert on NYE.
- 2 Eggs
- 116g Plain flour
- 1.5 tsp of Baking powder
- 75g Walnuts
- 110g Cranberries
- Pinch of mixed or all spice
- Zest of one orange
- 160g Caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large stand mixer add in all the ingredients expect the cranberries and walnuts beat the dough together until it forms a rough dough.
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces.
- Add the cranberries and walnuts to the dough and until soft.
- Spilt the dough and roll into two sausage shapes.
- Place on a lined baking tray with space to allow them to rise and spread.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until slightly crisp on the outside.
- Reduce the oven temp to 140 degrees celsius.
- Place the dough sausages on a chopping board and slice diagonally with a bread knife into 1.5cm slices.
- Place the slices back onto the baking tray for the second round of baking for 20 minutes until crispy and golden.