This is the first of #Willeyschristmasbakes 2019! I love Christmas baking. I just love Christmas itself. It is probably one of my favourite time of the year for cooking and food in general, but then again isn’t it everyones? Im not going to jabber one because I think the pictures speak for themselves.
- 1 Egg
- 250g Salted Butter
- 300g Plain flour
- 75g Cocoa Powder
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 1tsp of Peppermint extract
- First pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.Line two baking trays with grease proof paper or reusable baking sheets if you have them.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light in colour and cream. Then beat in the egg and vanilla bean paste.
- Then add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until forms a soft ball, then use your hands to knead to bring the dough together.
- Roll out the dough and use cutters to cut out shapes in the dough.
- Bake the shapes in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown, time may vary slightly depending on the size of your biscuits as smaller biscuits cook faster. It can be hard to judge how well baked they are due to the cocoa powder.
- You will have some dough left over so re-roll until you have used up the dough.
- Once the cookies are baked transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a ban Marie or in the microwave.
- Dip the biscuits into the chocolate using the back of a spoon and wipe of excessive chocolate.
- Then sprinkle your chosen sprinkles on top of the chocolate and leave to set.