This weeks bake is another pudding one… I should definitely have another hashtag now so when people are stuck for pudding ideas they can search for them. Next weekends will most likely be another dessert as I have my uni friends coming to stay. These mousses are really quick and easy to make and can be prepared in advance, they would be great jazzed up with peppermint extract or with a little orange zest and juice. I kept them simple though as was serving for children too. Which they throughly enjoyed!
- 100g Dark chocolate
- 50g Milk Chocolate
- 100ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Large eggs
- 50g Caster sugar
- Peppermint extract/orange zest optional
- Melt the chocolate and leave to cool slightly and mix with the olive oil. This will cause the mixture to become stiff.
- In two bowls separate the eggs whites and yolks.
- Beat the egg yolks with the caster sugar.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the eggs into the chocolate oil mix until smooth.
- Then fold in 1/4 of the egg whites, you do not need to be delicate here.
- Add the other 3/4 of the egg whites and fold gently making sure to keep as much air in as possible.
- Then serve into 6-8 small ramekins.
- Chill in the fridge, I left mine in for an hour, and took out 10mins before eating and they had a smooth creamy texture.