This weeks bake is another one that is perfect for dinner parties. We have had a busy few weeks and have more guests coming to stay for the next few weeks so more desserts it is, I am starting to think I should have made another hashtag?
Ingredients for Choux pastry
- 150ml of water
- 2 Medium eggs
- 65g Flour
- 50g of Salted butter
Ingredients for Chocolate sauce
- 100g Milk or dark chocolate
- 150ml Double cream
- 20g Butter
- 20g Caster sugar
Ingredients for Caramel sauce
- 150ml Chocolate
- 100g Soft Dark brown sugar
- 50g Salted Butter
Ingredients for whipped cream
- 150ml of double cream
- 15g Sugar
- Drop of vanilla bean paste
Method for profiteroles
- To make the profiteroles preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Heat the water and butter in a small sauce pan and melt the butter on a gentle heat then turn heat up and bring to the boil.
- Then add in the plain flour and beat until it comes away from the sides. Don’t mix too hard.
- Beat the eggs and add in gradually until smooth and glossy.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into small circles should make out 20 profiteroles.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once bake the cut open the profiteroles to let the steam out to ensure that the profiteroles do not go soggy.
Method for chocolate sauce
- Add all the ingredients into a small pan.
- Heat gently on a low heat stirring continually.
Repeat the above for the caramel sauce, turn the heat up slightly once the sugar has dissolved.
- Whip the cream in a large bowl along with the sugar and vanilla add some milk if you over beat it.