This weeks bake is starter or side perfect to make a mid-week meal a little more fancy. Hands on time is low but they require enough time to rise if you want them to be light and fluffy.
Ingredients for dough balls
- 120g Strong white Bread flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 pack of Fast action dried yeast
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- 60ml Warm water
Ingredients for Garlic Butter
- 35g Butter
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Small handful of fresh parsley (3/4 sprigs)
- Start by adding all your dry ingredient into a medium bowl.
- Measure the oil and water into a jug and add slowly to the dry mix, using your hands or a wooden spoon to mix.
- Once all the water is added and the dough comes together tip the dough onto a floured work surface.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until soft and stretchy.
- Place in a floured bowl and cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Once risen, roll the dough into approximately 8 – 10 dough balls and place on a lined tray cover and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Pre- heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, if you have a pizza slate then place this in the oven to heat up.
- Bake the dough balls in the oven for 2–25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Finely chop the parsley and crush the garlic.
- Mix both the garlic and parsley into the garlic butter. If your butter is too hard soften in the microwave but be careful not to melt too much as then when you mix in the garlic it will just separate (Like mine did!). If this does happen though place in the freezer for a few minutes to harden then stir to recombine.
- Enjoy the dough balls warm dipped into the garlic butter.