Where do the weeks go at the moment. They are just flying by in my new job but now the racing season has ended I should have a few more weekends and evenings which aren’t as busy to enjoy baking. This weeks bake was decided because I am still trying to use up apples from home.
- 125g Butter
- 2 Tbsp of Golden syrup
- 200g Oats
- 60g of Plain flour
- 2-3 Apples grated
- 60g Caster sugar
- 60g Soft brown sugar
- 1tsp of ground ginger
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Melt the butter, both sugars and golden syrup in a sauce pan on a low heat. Make sure to stir so that the sugar doesn’t catch on the bottom.
- In a large bowl weigh the oats, flour and ginger.
- Grate the apples using a course grater.
- Line a baking tray 20 x 30cm.
- Once all the sugar is dissolved mix into the oat mix along with the apple.
- Add to the baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.