This weeks bake is another seasonal one using pears from the garden from home as Mum left me with so many I couldn’t eat them fast enough! This was a great way to use them and the muffins are perfect for freezing to enjoy another day. I made a small batch as it was only me eating them but you can just double the size easily.
Ingredients for 9 Small Muffins
- 112g Plain flour
- 50g Oats
- 25g Soft Brown Sugar
- 25g Caster Sugar
- 1.5tsp of Baking powder
- 100ml Milk
- 1/2 Egg
- 150g Pear
- 45ml Oil/Melted butter
- Drop of vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Ginger
- 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a muffin tin with cases.
- In a large mixer add all of the dry ingredients.
- In jug measure the milk and oil and then add to a bowl along with the vanilla bean paste, egg and sugar and whisk together.
- Chop the pear into small 1cm pieces and add to the wet ingredient mix.
- In add the wet ingredients to the dry and beat/fold lightly. There may still be lumps of flour but if you over mix then the muffins will be tough.
- Add the mixture into the cake cases and bake in the oven for 25min until golden brown on top.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.