This weeks bake is a savoury one as requested by my new work colleagues!
- 500g Strong white bread flour
- 7g Dried yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 150ml Milk
- 150ml water
- 20g butter
- 1 Large garlic clove
- 1/2 large onion or 1 small
- Small handful of sage
- 50g Parmesan
- Add the flour, sugar and salt to a large bowl attached to a mixer.
- In a jug measure out the milk and water and warm slightly add the yeast and whisk until dissolved and frothy.
- Add the yeast mixture into the flour and knead on a high speed for 5-10 minutes until soft and stretchy.
- Cover the dough and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic and fry on a low heat until softened and brown add the sage and mix together.
- Leave to cool.
- Once the dough has risen knock back and add the onion filling, sprinkle on 1/2 of the Parmesan.
- Knead the dough together until the fillings are well incorporated. Then spilt into 16 equal sized balls.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place on a lined baking tray and sprinkle on the other half of the Parmesan. Leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top.