This weeks bake is an extra special one, it is one that has made it all the way to Glastonbury Festival! I made these on Tuesday before we left on Tuesday night not at the festival although we are glampers I think taking an actual oven might be a bit extreme! These are based off a traditional party ring recipe with add glitter, sprinkles and sparkle to give the full festival effect!
Ingredients for biscuit
- 200g Plain Flour
- 100g Salted Butter
- 100g Caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Ingredients for icing
- 250g Icing sugar
- Paste/gel food colouring – these always give the best brightest colours, lakeland stocks them or look on amazon.
- Sprinkle, edible glitter etc.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Once pale, add the egg and vanilla bean paste and beat together until no lumps.
- Then add the flour in a little at a time to start with to ensure that it is fully mixed in. The mixture may require you to use your hands at the end.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 10 minutes then roll out until 5mm thick between two pieces of baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celcius.
- Once rolled out use a 5cm cutter to cut out circles, then using another small cutter or a circular object around the kitchen such a small bottle top to cut out the inner piece.
- Place on a baking tray lined with teflon sheets and leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully on a cooling rack.
- Make the icing using icing sugar and water and adding in drop of the gel/paste into separate bowls.
- Dip the rings into the bowl of icing and place back on the cooling rack and decorate how you please!