This weeks I wanted to bake something healthier as being at home there is too much good yummy food which I just snack on all the time so wanted something healthier to grab instead especially when I am busy working in between shifts. These bars are another great way to use up left over bananas lying around in your house. The browner they are the sweeter the bars will be!
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 100g of mixed nuts and fruit – I used a mix of cranberries, cashews and walnuts
- 65g of soft dates
- 200g Jumbo oats
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 2 tbsp of milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease and line a 20x30cm tin.
- Mash the bananas into a smooth paste until no lumps.
- Soak the dates in hot water if they are too hard.
- Chop the fruit and nuts into small pieces.
- Add the peanut butter, mixed nuts and fruit, dates and oats into the banana and mix well.
- The mixture may be a little stiff at this point so add the milk and and cinnamon to taste.
- Fill the mixture into the tin and level.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Once baked leave to cool fully before cutting.