- 250g Raspberries
- 175g Caster sugar
- 175g Softened Butter
- 120g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 140g Amaretti biscuits
- Drop of vanilla bean paste
- 3 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease and line a cake tin – I used a 20cm spring form tin but this was a little big.
- Cream together the butter and sugar along with the vanilla bean paste until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, ground almonds and eggs and beat together until no lumps.
- Crush the amaretti biscuit into small pieces.
- Fill the cake tin with half of the mixture, then place a layer or amaretti biscuits and raspberries on top.
- Cover with the remaining cake batter and then top with the amaretti biscuits and raspberries.
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins t0 1 hour until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm with cream as a dessert or enjoy cold.