This weeks bake is another quick easy one that I made up on a bit of a whim! As I wanted to make a recipe with courgette but with my house mates wanting something chocolate we compromised! I have to say I was actually pleasantly surprised with how it tasted, its not the lightest cake but soft and rich.
- 120g Self Raising Flour
- 60g Cocoa Powder
- 100g Caster sugar
- 100g Soft brown sugar
- 170g Butter
- 80g Dark chocolate
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 150g courgette
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a 1lbs cake tin with baking paper and grease well.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture and beat well.
- Grate the courgette on a corse grater and add to the cake mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and beat together.
- Melt the chocolate and add to the mixture, if stiff add a little milk to the mixture to loosen.
- Pour into the tin and bake in the oven for 45 mins to an hour.
- The outside will be crispy but with a soft centre. Remove from the tin and allow to cool.