This weeks bake was something I just threw together super quick. I wanted to make some energy balls with dates but alas Aldi failed and did not have any dates so I decided to make an alternative healthy cookie as my others have been so popular and many of my friends have made them. This time I had no bananas and thought not everyone likes or has bananas to hand so it is a bit of an experiment! With the limited time I have with dissertation due in just over a week and exams three weeks away, I needed something quick. These probably took me less than 10 minutes to prepare.
- 120g Oats
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil (I had to use 1 margarine as ran out of coconut oil)
- 3 tbsp of chunky peanut butter
- 1 Egg
- 20g Chia seeds
- 30g Desiccated coconut
- 50g Dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with parchment or reusable sheet.
- In a large bowl weigh out all the dry ingredients.
- In a heat proof bowl melt the coconut oil.
- Then add the peanut butter to the coconut oil and mix the peanut butter in throughly until no lumps.
- Add in the egg and mix until forms a gloopy mixture.
- Chop the chocolate into chunks.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together along with the chocolate chunks until the oats mixture clumps together.
- Form 12 balls with the cookie mix and squish slightly on to the tray as they will not spread like ordinary cookies do.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Enjoy warm or leave to cool.