This weeks bake was an aim to be a little bit healthier and stop me from snacking so much! I am not usually one for healthy bakes as I do like unhealthy snacks as a treat and and in eaten in moderation as part of a healthy balanced diet. However, some of my friends have done a couple of healthy bakes and they do taste good you just have to know how to make them still taste good! The dark chocolate ones taste more like actual cookies than the blueberry but they are still yummy.
- 2 Cups of oats
- 1/4 Cup of wholemeal flour
- Drop of vanilla bean paste
- 2 Large Banana’s
- 2 tbsp of Honey
- 2 tbsp of Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of Blueberries
- 1/2 cup of Dark chocolate chunks
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mash the banana’s in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the vanilla bean paste, honey and maple syrup.
- Melt or soften the coconut oil and add to the bowl.
- Mix together until fully incorporated.
- Add the oats, flour and mix well.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes for the oats to absorb some of the moisture.
- Spilt the mixture in two and add the blueberries into one half and the chocolate in another.
- Roll the balls in your hands and place on a baking tray with a teflon sheet and squash slightly as the cookies do not spread.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Place on a cooling rack.