This weeks bake is one I have wanted to try one for ages. I love mint chocolate anything! Two people that tried these said they tasted like after eight cookies. They are the perfect little slightly christmassy treat if you are fed up of the mince pies and panettone.
- 60g Dark chocolate (At leas 70%)
- 125g Salted Butter
- 370g Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 80ml Milk
- 340g Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 tsp of Peppermint extract
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Icing sugar
- First cream together the softened butter and soft brown sugar until lighter in colour and fluffy.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or in ban Marie. Add the melted chocolate, eggs and peppermint extract. Once incorpourtated add the milk and beat together.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and beat together until no lumps. (If you want to add a bit of texture add the crushed candy canes).
- The mixture is best chilled overnight, if you are short for time like I was place in the freezer for 30 minutes and it should be hard enough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the icing sugar into a bowl, and roll small walnut pieces of the dough into the icing sugar and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy warm or dunked in a glass of milk.