This week is cake week i didn’t want to bake a tray bake but just combined my current favourite cocktail – Pina colada! I would recommend the mixer from Marks and Spencer then add some Malibu! I decide to make this cake non-alcoholic as after having my belated birthday party the weekend before an alcohol free week is in need! This cake is quick and easy to make but light and fluffy, the coconut adds an extra crunch.
Ingredients for sponge
- 225g Self Rasing flour
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 115g Butter
- 75g of Caster Sugar
- 75g of Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g of desiccated coconut
- 1 tin of pineapple rings
- 1 tsp Coconut extract
- 3 eggs
Ingredients for coconut cream
- 50g Butter
- 50g Trex
- 1/2 can of coconut cream
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 250g Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius, line and greese a 2lbs loaf tin.
- Beat together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and coconut extract.
- Weigh out the flour, baking powder and desiccated coconut and add to the cake mix and beat until fully incorporated.
- Cut the pineapple slices into small chunks remove the pineapple juice and putting to one side.
- Add the cake mix to the tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack until finger touch hot.
- Add 25g caster sugar to the pineapple juice and heat in a small saucepan until forms a syrup.
- Pour and brush the pineapple syrup over the cake and leave to cool fully.
- Make the frosting but beating the butter and trex until light and fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and coconut cream and extract and beat until light.
- Pipe or spread on top of the cake and top with more desiccated coconut for extra crunch.