This week I decided to go for something quite simple and easy as after last weeks mammoth bake I think it was needed. It was also a great way to use up one of the over ripe bananas I had as in this heat wave bananas don’t stay green for any longer then about a day! I always think its funny how everyone has different opinions on the perfect ripeness of banana personally I am a just turning yellow kinda gal and so are the rest of my family and I would never eat one by its self if it had brown spots on! But I do put them to good use either in a smoothie or in baking. One of my favourite combinations are peanut butter and banana so these biscuits are just divine. The are soft and kind of cake like, more like a cookie in texture, if you prefer a crunchy biscuit cook in the oven for a few more minutes. These biscuits are nice and easy to make and total making and baking time is under 45 mins. The recipe I followed was American and used cup and although I used my cup measures I found that it wasn’t very accurate so I have adapted and changed to what I actually used. I think adding chocolate chips to these cookies would also be delicious!
- 3 Cups of Plain flour.
- 1 tsp of Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Cornflour
- 1/2 Cup of Butter
- 1/2 Cup of tightly pack Soft Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter (Which ever kind you like best)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Medium Banana
- Drop of vanilla bean paste
- First preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line two baking trays with parchment or reusable teflon sheets.
- First mix together all the dry ingredients; plain flour, baking powder, corn starch, bicarbonate of soda and Cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mash the banana in a small bowl.
- Cream together the butter and sugar and light and fluffy, add the banana, egg, peanut butter and vanilla bean paste. Mix together until smooth.
- Add the flour into the butter-sugar mix and bring together until forms a soft dough.
- Using you hands roll into small balls about the size of a £2 coin. Place on baking tray evenly spaced.
- Press the balls down using your fingers or a small pallet knife then use stamp or forks to create a pricks in the top of the biscuits.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden.