Let’s be honest no one will be bothered about this weeks #Willeysweeklybake as the England football team have very much taken centre stage despite not making it through to the final. Using my usual brownie recipe I adapted to create rich gooey brownies complete with crunchy Oreo pieces.
- 125g Butter
- 125g Dark and Milk chocolate (half and half)
- 200g Soft Brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50g Plain Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
Ingredients for filling
- 50g Butter
- 100g Trex
- Drop of vanilla bean paste
- 100g Icing sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 160degrees celcius, greese and line a 30x15cm time
- Add the butter, chocolate and soft brown sugar into a sauce pan, melt on a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the eggs and beat together until fully mixed.
- Add the flour, baking power and cocoa powder best until now lumps.
- Fill the tray with half of the brownie mix.
- Make the filling by beating the Trex and butter using an electric whisk, until light and fluffy.
- Then beat in the vanilla bean paste and icing sugar.
- Add the filling on top of the brown mix and spread into an even later. Then add the rest of the brownie mix on top.
- Add a crushed packet of Oreos on top and push into the brownie slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until soft in the middle but crispy on the outside.
- Leave to cool and serve.