For this weeks bale I wanted something simple and quick but also reasonably healthy but still a sweet treat! I love muffins but always forget how good they are, I love them as part of a quick breakfast or mid morning snack. They take about 15 minutes to prepare and the same for cooking so you can wrap them up pretty quickly if in a rush or in the morning.
- 280g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 Egg
- 85g of Honey
- 30g Caster sugar
- 120ml Plain yoghurt
- 150ml Milk
- 85ml of Vegtable oil
- Drop of Vanilla bean paste
- 120g of mixed fruit, seeds and nuts
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celcius, line a baking tray with about 10 muffin cases ( I only had reusable cupcake cases so my recipe made more muffins as they were smaller than usual).
- Mix together all the dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt and leave to one side.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the wet ingredients; sugar, honey, milk, yoghurt, oil, vanilla bean paste and egg until well combined.
- Carefully fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture do not over mix as this causes the muffins to loose their light texture.
- Add you fruit and nut mix, I used almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds,cranberries, apricots and raisins.
- Spoon into the cases about 3\4 full.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20mins until golden.