This weeks bake is very summery inspired one with all the lovely hot weather we have been having recently. With strawberries in full season now I thought I should make the most of them as well as some cream that was left over in the fridge. I hope you all enjoy this recipe a perfect sweet treat tat almost makes you think it’s slightly healthy!
Ingredients for sponge
- 150g Self raising flour
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 100g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- Drop of Vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 Medium strawberries
- 2 tbsp of Strawberry Jam
- 100ml Milk
Ingredients for strawberry compote
- 120g Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp of Caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp of water
Ingredients for cream
- 200ml Double cream
- 50g Caster sugar
- drop of Vanilla bean paste
- 2-3 Strawberries
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius, fill cupcake tray with 9-12 cases depending on how big you like your cupcakes.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla bean paste and beat until fully combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder, add the milk slowly until the cake mixture is a nice smooth consistency.
- Spoon in a little mixture into the cupcake cases, then add the jam and a few small pieces of strawberries then add more of the cake mixture on top to cover them up.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Whilst they are baking make the compote by adding the strawberries. Sugar and water to a small saucepan and heating gently until soft, use a fork or the back of a spoon.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and leave to cool.
- Whisk the cream until forming soft peaks along with the sugar and vanilla bean paste.
- Once the cakes are cool fill a pipping bag with the cream and pipe onto the cakes, then drizzle the strawberry compote onto the cream and add some small pieces of chopped strawberries.