Well I couldn’t leave the other half of the Instagram poll unhappy that they wouldn’t get to see my take on the Waitrose Crumble bars! Now these are so delicious and more-ish, I think I could eat about 3 in one go! I love having a mix of nuts on top with the oats for a bit of added crunch! They were a big hit in the office and I will definitely be making again.
- 175g Butter
- 285g Plain flour
- 1/4 tsp of Baking powder
- 1 Egg yolk
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g Demerara sugar
- 30g oats
- 20g Macadamia nuts
- 30g Pecans
- 30g chopped almonds
- 325g Jar of Strawvery Jam – homemade with chunky fruit is best!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, greese and line a 30cm x 18cm tray bake tin.
- Rub together the plain flour and butter until it resembles bread crumbs. Then add the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Remove 1/3 of the mixture and set aside. In the larger portion add the egg yolk and mix together until well combined. And the dough starts to come together.
- Press the dough into the tin and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whilst baking chop all the nuts into small pieces and add to the left over mixture, along with the oats and Demerara sugar and mix to combine.
- Once the first layer is baked leave to cool slightly and spread the jam evenly. Then add the Crumble topping evenly over the jam.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.