This week I decided to do an Instagram poll to decide the fate of Willey’s Weekly Bake the two that I chose were Snicker Doodles and Crumble Bars, the votes were very close with only 2 votes between them! So it looks like I’ll be making the Crumble bars soon! Unless anyone else has anymore requests of something they would like to see as I have exhausted my brain of different bakes to do! These snicker doodles are an American recipe which are sweet cinnamon cookies.
- 1 Cup of butter
- 2/3 Cup of soft brown sugar
- 2/3 Cup of caster sugar
- Drop of vanilla bean paste
- 1 large whole egg, 1 egg yolk
- 2 3/4 cups of Plain flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for cinnamon sugar
- 3 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup of caster sugar
- Melt the butter and whisk together with both sugars until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and the egg and egg yolk and beat together.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix together but do not over mix as this will make the mixture too stiff.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for about an hour until it has hardened.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Roll the dough into small oblong balls/ cylinders.
- Mix the caster sugar and cinnamon and then roll the dough balls so all covered.
- Bake in the oven for about 9-12 minutes until golden and leave to cool on a wire rack.