Today’s bake is inspired by my lack of coffee! That might sound odd but as an avid coffee lover I gave it up for lent to reduce my caffeine intake. So instead I have been enjoying lots of herbal, green, peppermint and matcha teas! Don’t get my wrong they don’t come close for my love of coffee but sweet matcha latte is rather yummy!
- 225g Plain flour
- 75g Ground Hazlenuts
- 100g Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp of Matcha Powder
- 225g Salted butter
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray (20x18cm) with greese proof paper.
- Weigh out the flour and add the butter into the bowl in small cubes.
- Rub the butter into the flour until resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the ground hazelnuts (If you can’t buy ground Hazelnuts, blitz them in a food processor for 1 minute until fine).
- Add the sugar and matcha powder and mix together until even. The mixture should start to clump together.
- Fill the tray and flatten the shortbread mixture pushing it into the corners.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden on top, it should be crispy on top but soft in the middle.
- Leave it in the tin for 10 minutes then remove from tin and cut into pieces and allowing to fully cool on a wire rack.