Now this is one that I am sure is going to be favourite amongst many avid Willey’s Weekly Bake followers, however it was made specifically for two people in mind – Jake my amazing boyfriend and one of our good friends Rebecca for their birthdays which are a day apart. They both chocolate orange fanatics it was a no brainer really! I have continued to use the same brownie recipe for 5 years now adapting it with new flavours and additions. I almost don’t want to share it as the recipe is so good but alas I am sharing it because it is too good not to share.
- 150g Butter
- 150g Soft Brown sugar
- 4.5 Eggs
- 75g Plain flour
- 75g Cocoa
- 200g Plain Chocolate
- Zest of 2 Oranges
- Juice of 1Orange
- 1 Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- 0.5 tsp Baking Powder
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, grease a 18cmx20cm baking tray and line with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate, butter and soft brown sugar on a medium heat until all the chocolate has melted and there are no lumps make sure to stir frequently to ensure that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Weigh the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and put to one side.
- Take the chocolate mix off the heat and allow to cool slightly. In separate bowl whisk the eggs together, then add to the chocolate mix and stir until glossy.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and beat until no lumps then fill the baking tray with the brownie mix.
- Break open the Terrys chocolate orange or use minis if they actual orange isn’t available and place on top.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes the edges should be crispy but the centre should remain gooey.