Well I thought it was about time that I treated you all to my amazing chocolate cake recipe! I’ve tried many different chocolate cake recipes over the years but this one I have used a combination of different recipes to perfect the cake to create a moist, soft, rich chocolate cake. This is one that everyone loves when they try it!
- 250g Self Rasing flour
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 225g Butter
- 75g cocoa powder
- 80g Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 75ml Milk
- 2 tsp Instant coffee
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 300ml Double Cream
- 200g Dark chocolate
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Greese and line three 18cm cake tins and line with greese proof paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the eggs and beat until light.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals.
- Dilute the instant coffee in 1 Tbsp of water.
- Add the melted chocolate, coffee, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and sour cream and milk. Beat until well combined.
- Fill the tins evenly, bake in the oven for 20 minutes until soft and spongy.
- Remove from the tins and leave to cool completely before icing.
- Heat the cream on a medium heat until warm enough to touch.
- Add the chocolate into the cream and mix together gently until the chocolate has all melted. Leave to cool and harden.
- Add the ganache filling to two layers and leave to set and serve.