No I am not making slightly ginger hair, I am making the humble brownies cousin with a twist of added strawberries! Because the sweet caramel white chocolate brownies are so perfect with strawberries added in which go all gooey when baked. I have never made these before as a chocolate lover I often make original brownies (they are my brothers all time favourite). I wanted to mix things up and try these instead!
- 200g White chocolate
- 200g Butter
- 100g Caster sugar
- 150g Soft Brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
- 3 Eggs
- 175g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 150g Strawberries
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease a 18cm/29cm tin and line with grease proof paper.
- Melt the white chocolate, butter and both sugars in a sauce pan on a low heat, making sure to stir constantly so the sugar doesn’t stick to the bottom and burn.
- Once the chocolate and butter has melted remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat in the 3 eggs and vanilla bean paste into the chocolate mixture until glossy.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix until no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and level.
- Cut the strawberries in half and place into the blondie mixture cut side up.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes, you may need to put some tin foil over the top to stop it from browning too much. The centre should be gooey.